Andrea Tiller is a transformational CFO with a strong, 27-year track record of thinking strategically and executing operationally. A serial CFO in both private and public companies (including two IPOs and other public transactions), she provides expertise in technology, life sciences, professional services, consumer products, and manufacturing. With multiple capital raises and multiple M&A transactions, Andrea has broad expertise in the technical, operational, and leadership aspects of the role of CFO. She is best known for her innovation, collaboration, ethics, and team building.
During her most recent tenure in the Venture Capital community, Andrea oversaw a team of 85 professionals delivering financial and accounting services to over 500 venture-backed startups. This included her personal services as Consulting CFO on over 70 startups, as well as 30+ transactions and numerous capital raises. In addition to her work as a CFO, Andrea has helped found and develop Consulting Practices for:
· Kranz Consulting: Emerging Growth (VC-backed Startups)
· Littler Mendelson: CaseSmart (Automated litigation)
· Robert Half: Emerging Growth, CFO Services, and Salaried Professional Services
· Startup CFO for Bright Machines spinout from Flex (delivering intelligent, software-defined manufacturing), including: pre-transaction onboarding, creation of all financial and capital structures and operations in 17 countries, support of initial Series A capital raise of $198 M (Seed + A) - largest since Facebook. Bright Machines went public in 2022 through a SPAC transaction valued at $1.4 B.
· Startup CFO at Smyte (web anti-abuse, trust and safety) and its sale to Twitter,
· Startup CFO at Tray.io (API integration platforms), named as a Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup, and as one of CrunchBase Insights' and Fast Company's 50 Future Unicorns. Currently valued at over $600 M.
· Startup CFO at Marble Robot (robotics) and its sale to Caterpillar,
· Startup CFO at Brightside (providing employee financial well-being),
· Strategic Financial consulting to Abstract Notebooks (SaaS collaboration platform for design with intention), and its sale to Adobe.
· Previous consulting work has supported clients, including Aerion, BabyCenter.com, Birkenstock, ColloPack, Cooper, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, GlassDoor.com, Johnson & Johnson, Joyent, Leapfrog, Littler Mendelson, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Ozone Online, Peet’s Coffee, Pinchin, Teijin and others.
Andrea continues to ensure that early-stage through middle-market companies are ready for high growth and potential transactions by creating process stability, sustainable innovation, and scalable excellence across the organization. Immediately prior to this, Andrea held the CFO position at Sycle, an early-stage SaaS provider of healthcare practice management. Andrea’s focus is on turning innovation into valuation.
Andrea holds a B.A. degree in Economics from Stanford University and MBAs in Finance and Marketing from the San Francisco State Graduate School of Business. Andrea is/has been affiliated with Financial Executives International (both FEI-SF & FEI–SV), the Alliance of Chief Executives, Vistage, Keiretsu Forum, Angel List, Farm Ventures, Women in Technology, Women on Boards 2020, Chief, Founder, and LeanIn.
Transaction Services, Capital Acquisition, Strategic Advisory & Entrepreneurial Leadership, Data & Predictive Analytics, Operational Optimization, Finance, Accounting, Governance
San Francisco Bay Area
Technology, Professional Services, CPG/Retail/eCommerce, Life Sciences, Manufacturing
Leader, Strategist, Team Builder, Executor
• Transaction Services
• Capital Acquisition
• Strategic Advisory & Entrepreneurial Leadership
• Data & Predictive Analytics
• Operational Optimization